What is Episode 117 all about?
Let’s admit it, there are days in conservation, wildlife research, and ecotourism that plain suck. Even after curating the perfect plan, sometimes things go awry, and you’re stuck cleaning up a disaster. Or, on some days, we question our purpose and wonder why the heck did we go into this field in the first place? At moments like these, that banking job starts to look really appealing. I know I’ve been in this place multiple times throughout my career, and usually, it’s a good friend who helped me out of my funk.
So, for the last episode in our Women in Conservation Science series, I want to share with you a collection of clips from 12 badass women scientists that answered one of my favorite questions, “What advice do you have for those listening?”
It doesn’t matter who you are. I can guarantee that at least one of these messages will resonate with you as much as they did with me.
Please enjoy these inspirational clips from former women scientists on the show.
Listen to this episode.
Watch this episode on YouTube.
Episode 117’s Guests in the Field
Links & Resources
Listen to Episode 117 guests’ full episodes:
- Ep. 43 Show Notes | Saving the Giants of South America with Bridgette San Marco
- Ep. 68 Show Notes | Uncovering the Lives of Blue Whales in the Galapagos Islands with Daniela Alarcón
- Ep. 61 Show Notes | To Spend One Day in Her Shoes: Stories from a Marine Biologist with Christine Figgener, PhD
- Ep. 115 Show Notes | Rewilding Islands to Benefit the Sea: Removing the Land Ocean Barrier with Coral Wolf
- Ep. 107 Show Notes | Understanding the Lives of Europe’s Brown Bears with Natarsha Babic
- Ep. 86 Show Notes | Restoring Traditional Plant Knowledge through Ethnobotany with Rose Bear Don’t Walk
- Ep. 74 Show Notes | Conserving the World’s Pygmy Three-Toed Sloths with Diorene Smith, DVM
- Ep. 72 Show Notes | Armadillos: Conserving the Americas’ Armored Specialists with Mariella Superina, DVM, Ph.D.
- Ep. 36 Show Notes | Rescuing An Endangered Bat From the Edge of Extinction with Iroro Tanshi
- Ep. 51 Show Notes | Madagascar: The Land of Lemurs with Onja Razafindratsima, PhD and Veronarindra Ramananjato
- Ep. 84 Show Notes | From Dream Trip to Reality: Exploring the Pan-American Highway with Kayla Fratt
- Ep. 28 Show Notes | Canines in Conservation: Detecting Scientific Data with Kayla Fratt
Sign up for the Rewildology Newsletter!
Want to stay up-to-date on the latest podcast shenanigans? Sign up for the Rewildology Newsletter! (We promise – interesting emails only!)