Books About Nature & Life
Books are awesome. To this day, few other education and entertainment mediums give you so much for so little out of pocket.
I truly enjoy holding a book in my hand and have not made the switch to digital books. I spend an extensive amount of time on my computer and phone between my full-time job and this show, and so I make an effort to disconnect from technology and enjoy a good book.
ThriftBooks has become my go-to for purchasing secondhand books. Their selection is incredible! Most of the books on this list you can find on their site, assuming it’s in stock.
In terms of sustainability, we recommend looking for books in this order:
- ThriftBooks or your local library for those who also like tangible books
- Audible (or another audiobook app) for those of you that are auditory learners
- Direct from the publisher (we <3 small businesses)
- and lastly, Amazon.
Do you have a book recommendation? Let us know by commenting below!
- A Life on our Planet by David Attenborough
- A Sand County Almanac by Aldo Leopold
- American Serengeti: The Last Big Animals of the Great Plains by Dan Flores
- American Wolf: A True Story of Survival and Obsession in the West by Nate Blakeslee
- Barkskins by Annie Proulx
- Becoming Wild: How Animal Cultures Raise Families, Create Beauty, and Achieve Peace by Carl Safina
- Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer
- Chesapeake by James Michener
- Coyote America: A Natural and Supernatural History by Dan Flores
- Cry of the Kalahari by Mark & Delia Owens
- Desert Solitaire: A Season in the Wilderness by Edward Abbey
- Eager: The Surprising, Secret Life of Beavers and Why They Matter by Ben Goldfarb
- Heart of a Lion: A Lone Cat’s Walk Across America by William Stolzenburg
- Last Chance to See by Douglas Adams
- Letters to a Young Scientist by EO Wilson
- Life, Money, and Illusion: Living on this earth as if we want to stay by Mike Nickerson
- Monkeys Are Made of Chocolate by Jack Ewing
- Never Cry Wolf by Farley Mowat
- Rewilding the World by Caroline Fraser
- The Serengeti Rules by Sean B. Carroll
Books About Life
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz, PhD
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- Dopamine Nation: Finding Balance in the Age of Indulgence by Anna Lembke, MD
- 10% Happier by Dan Harris
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek
Be sure to return to this list regularly as we add more and more book recommendations!