What is Episode 82 all about?
What is biomimicry and why is it important for sustainable development? In today’s episode, Brooke explores what biomimicry is, what it isn’t, why it’s relevant, and how it might be the solution we need for creating a sustainable future.
If you’d like future, similar episodes, please let Brooke know by commenting below, messaging on social media, or emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listen to this episode.
Listen to this episode on YouTube.
Links & Resources
Resources to Learn More About Biomimicry
- The Biomimicry Institute
- AskNature by The Biomimicry Institute
- Biomimicry in action by Janine Benyus Ted Talk
- Biomimicry Toolbox
Citations/Resources Used in the Creation of this Episode
- AskNature. (2021). The Biomimicry Institute. https://asknature.org/
- Benyus, Janine M. “Biomimicry: Innovation inspired by nature.” (1997).
- “Biomimicry Toolbox.” (n.d.) The Biomimicry Institute. https://toolbox.biomimicry.org/
- DeLuca, Denise. (2014, Mar 28). “Bio-Inspired Buzzwords: Biomimicry and Biomimetics.” Biomimicry for Creative Innovation. https://businessinspiredbynature.com/bio-inspired-buzzwords-biomimicry-biomimetics/
- Design and Nature III: Comparing Design in Nature with Science and Engineering. (2006). United Kingdom: WIT.
- Hargroves, Karlson & Smith, Michael. (2006). Innovation inspired by nature: Biomimicry. ECOS. 129. 27-29. 10.1071/EC129p27.
- Marshall, Alan, and Silvia Lozeva. “Questioning the theory and practice of biomimicry.” International Journal of Design & Nature and Ecodynamics 4.1 (2009): 1-10. https://www.witpress.com/elibrary/dne-volumes/4/1/381
- “Mimicry”. (2019). Definition by Britannica. https://www.britannica.com/science/mimicry
- Rao, Rajshekhar. “Biomimicry in architecture.” International Journal of Advanced Research in Civil, Structural, Environmental and Infrastructure Engineering and Developing 1.3 (2014): 101-107. https://biomimicryforhumanity.com/assets/files/biomimicry-architecture2.pdf
- Wahl, D. C. (2006). Bionics vs. biomimicry: from control of nature to sustainable participation in nature. Design and nature III: comparing design in nature with science and engineering, 87, 289-298. https://www.google.com/books/edition/Design_and_Nature_III/2bj5zkZegTUC?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=biomimicry&pg=PA289&printsec=frontcover
- “What is biomimicry?” (2022). The Biomimicry Institute. https://biomimicry.org/what-is-biomimicry/
Sign up for the Rewildology Newsletter!
Want to stay up-to-date on the latest podcast shenanigans? Sign up for the Rewildology Newsletter! (We promise – interesting emails only!)
1 thought on “Ep. 82 Show Notes | Biomimicry: Solving Our Biggest Challenges Using Nature’s Solutions”